As people age, physical activity can become more challenging, leading to a lack of mobility and increased risk of falls and injuries.
Fortunately, physical therapy with a licensed therapist offers many benefits to seniors, including improving balance and coordination, reducing pain and stiffness, and increasing strength and flexibility.
If you or someone you love is an elderly individual who is struggling with mobility or physical health issues, physical therapy may be an excellent option to improve their overall quality of life.
The Benefits of Physical Therapy for Seniors
Physical therapy offers seniors many healthcare and lifestyle benefits, such as the following:
- It increases mobility and independence. Physical therapy can help seniors improve their physical function, which can make them more independent and improve their quality of life. Through targeted exercises and stretches, physical therapists can help seniors build strength, improve flexibility, and reduce pain and stiffness. This can make it easier for elderly individuals to carry out daily tasks such as getting dressed, going grocery shopping, or running errands.
- It reduces the risk of falls. Falls are the leading cause of injury among older adults, according to data provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). One of the most significant benefits that physical therapy offers seniors is improved balance. Physical therapy can help seniors improve their balance and coordination, which can reduce their risk of falling and decrease the severity of any injuries if they do fall.
- It helps manage chronic pain. Many seniors struggle with chronic pain, such as arthritis or back pain. Physical therapy can help reduce these aches and pains through a combination of exercises, stretches, and other techniques. By working with a physical therapist, seniors can learn safe and effective ways to manage their pain without relying on medication.
- It enhances overall health. Physical therapy can benefit seniors in many different ways besides just improving mobility and reducing pain. Regular exercise has been shown to improve cardiovascular health, reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, and even help with mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
- It offers customized care for every patient. Physical therapy is always tailored to the individual needs of each patient. Every senior’s body and health concerns are unique, so a physical therapist will work closely with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses their specific needs and goals. This can help ensure that seniors get the most out of their physical therapy sessions and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Physical Therapy For Seniors Near Me in City View and Fort Worth, Texas
Physical therapy is an excellent option for seniors who are struggling with mobility issues, chronic pain, or other physical health concerns. By working with a physical therapist, seniors can improve their overall physical function and enhance their quality of life.
At Palm Primary Care Texas, we not only provide primary care for seniors, but our case management team works closely with patients and their clinical care providers to evaluate each patient’s unique healthcare needs, so they can be properly addressed.
If you or a loved one is dealing with chronic pain or have mobility issues, our highly skilled physicians can refer you to a qualified physical therapist for appropriate treatment. In such an instance, our dedicated case managers and clinical care specialists can coordinate your appointments to ensure that you receive the customized attention and support you need.
Our services are specifically designed for seniors who are age 65 or older with Medicare Advantage plans, and we have two conveniently located senior care centers in City View and the Fort Worth Medical District. Our comprehensive range of services include:
- 24/7 access to our care team
- Primary care doctors for seniors who listen to you
- In-house laboratory services
- Same-day appointments with minimal to no wait times
- Specialist referral coordination
- Transportation assistance for those who reside in the communities we serve
- Your own patient support representative
If you are new to Palm Primary Care Texas, the Patient Relations Outreach Team at our senior wellness center is ready to provide you with assistance, guide you through the enrollment process, and help determine the services that are best suited to your individual healthcare requirements. There’s a reason why more than 95% of our patients have expressed satisfaction with our exceptional care.
With the right treatment plan, seniors can continue to lead active, healthy lives for years to come. To learn more about our services, or to schedule a tour of one of our clinics, please contact Palm Primary Care Texas at (866) 840-7728. We look forward to seeing you!